[DL] Searchable Index (was "Random RV&C2 quesitons [John Goff])

Well, I was thinking that if you included each word on a page only once in
that page's data index, it would cut down on the total size (and therefore,
search time). Making the data index alphabetically sorted would thwart any
hope of making sense of the text, but would still be easily queried. I don't
think a randomizer would be necessary, but I do agree that that would work,
too.
_
Derek "It's cold and dark and there are wolves after me" D. Bass
_
Etheric Musings -- The Science of the Sons of Ether
http://web.cari.net/~ddbass/Ether.htm

"Derek D. Bass" wrote:

>>Why not an searchable index that contained the words for each page? >>Not
in text order, that isn't  necessary for the index to work. Why >>not in
alphabetical order? A paragraph like, "The quick brown >>huckster jumped
over the lazy zombie. The zombie ate the huckster. >>Poor huckster." would
show up in the data portion of the index >>as "ate brown huckster jumped
lazy over poor the quick zombie", >>with each individual word appearing only
once per page. It would be >>incomprehensible if hacked, smaller in size
than if padded, and >>still return page numbers and book titles. What does
everyone think?

>>Derek "Databass" D. Bass

FREE Personalized Email at Mail.com