Re: [DL] Some more questions

----- Original Message ----- >
> Date: Sun, 09 Apr 2000 15:52:01 -0700
> From: melndane@cableone.net
> Subject: [DL] Some more questions
>
> A few questions for the erudite and esteemed members of the list:
>
> 1) What is the damage die progression for a successfully cast "Loaded
> for Bear"?
> _Example for a Peacemaker (3d6)_
> Ace +1 die type (3d8)
> Jacks +2 die types (3d10)
> Three of a Kind +3 die types (3d12)
> Flush +4 die types (3d??? -- either d12+2 or d20?)

I believe it goes to a d12+2, then d12+4, etc... I don't think any damage
should go to a d20 unless it's dynamite, or some other massive explosive.
Bullets and such should be kept to the d12+X range. It actually can make
(and does, IMO) bullets more deadly than d20 damage at times..

 > 2) How is the + applied to a roll of 3d12+2?
> _Example_
> +2 to each die = +6
> +2 to the total = +2

add everything up, then apply the +2 once. For example, 3d12+2 : you roll a
9, 11, 5
=25 + 2 = 27 damage...

> 3) How does one rectify the positive modifiers to shootin' for "drawing
> a bead" (Player's, p. 122) and improved sights (LD, p. 61), since you
> must spend a round drawing a bead to use the full benefit of improved
> sights?  The standard "Drawing a Bead" would be +2/+4/+6.
>
> _Example A_
> Don't combine the two:
> First Round +1, Second +3, Third +5, Fourth +6
>
> _Example B_
> Combine the two (the seemingly more logical choice):
> First Round +3, Second +5, Third +6

I'm not sure here, but  I think it's the latter. Combine the two.

> 4) Just to double check (not knowing one whit about firearms): you can't
> combine improved sights and telescopic sights on the same gun, right?
> (LD, p. 61)

not that I know of....

> 5) Does the marshal get to draw fate chips for Critter Companions (RVC)
> at the start of game sessions?  What about for important NPC's running
> with the posse?

the way my old group played it was that the Marshal drew chips for pretty
much anyone he darn well pleased. Vital NPCs would get their own chips at
times, good or bad, plus he'd take his standard three chips at the start of
the session. The NPCs chips could only be used by them (i.e. they couldn't
save another player with them without the standard tithe to the chip bag),
and it allowed him to keep his three chips just for damage reduction and
generic skill rolls.

Not really the way it's supposed to be done, but we liked it.

sinisterdexter@mindspring.com