[DL] Some more questions

>A few questions for the erudite and esteemed members of the list:

>1) What is the damage die progression for a successfully cast "Loaded
>for Bear"?
>_Example for a Peacemaker (3d6)_
>Ace +1 die type (3d8)
>Jacks +2 die types (3d10)
>Three of a Kind +3 die types (3d12)
>Flush +4 die types (3d??? -- either d12+2 or d20?)

ok for one you skip jacks unless the hex asks for them.
second the dietype increases by one for every two hand ranks above the min.
So it would go
Ace +1
two pair +2
straight +3
full house +4
ect.
third the damage goes from d12s to d20s then to d20+2, d20+4 and so on,
traits however go from d12s to d12+2 with no possibility of going to d20s.

>2) How is the + applied to a roll of 3d12+2?
>_Example_
>+2 to each die = +6
>+2 to the total = +2

the second way.

>3) How does one rectify the positive modifiers to shootin' for "drawing
>a bead" (Player's, p. 122) and improved sights (LD, p. 61), since you
>must spend a round drawing a bead to use the full benefit of improved
>sights?  The standard "Drawing a Bead" would be +2/+4/+6.

>_Example B_
>Combine the two (the seemingly more logical choice):
>First Round +3, Second +5, Third +6
It would be this way but it would be 3, 5, and then 7.

>4) Just to double check (not knowing one whit about firearms): you can't
>combine improved sights and telescopic sights on the same gun, right?
>(LD, p. 61)
not really its an either or deal.  You can't look through a telescope and
sight along the barrel at the same time.  Unless you had three eyes....

>5) Does the marshal get to draw fate chips for Critter Companions (RVC)
>at the start of game sessions?  What about for important NPC's running
>with the posse?

I draw three for the whole npc crew, dead, undead, living, and animal, if a
pc gives me any guff about it just reach into the pot and grab a handful,
then say, Quickness rolls everybody.

Sorry about the correcting you but i'm bored on vicidan and feeling overly
condecending.

Ronald conner
Marshal of the insane gunbunny runners