Re: [DL] Cardstock Cowboys...

> I'm running my first Deadlands game in a while this Friday and I
> have Cardstock Cowboys sets 1 and 2, and I was just
> wondering...did they work well for you???  Has anyone used them?

I might be seem biased, but let me preface by saying I wasn't too hot on the
idea originally.

I love them. I think they're about the handiest thing since sliced bread.
Feedback from my group after using them for two sessions is good. One player
likes them better than minis (he doesn't have to worry about painting) and
even our die-hard minis fan agreed that they were very useful for a large
battle.

An added bonus for Marshal's is the fact that the mooks/abominations are
numbered. That made it much easier for our Marshal to track movement and
actions for multiple opponents.

We also used them with the Boomtowns maps-the first time for those too, I
think. All in all, it came together _much_ nicer than I'd expected. I'll be
using them from here on out, I suspect.

Plus, they appeal to my retentive/repetitive side in that I can sit for
hours cutting them out and taping them together with a reward of a
good-sized pile of CCs at the end. :-)

John