Re: [DL] need some suggestions fast...

 First, I wanna say thankyou to all those people who
have given me their suggestions! I have a much clearer
idea now of where the game should go.

Second, I want to offer my own advice:

>Ok here is the situation I have the players going
>through a haunted house, and
>amongst other things there are surprise surprise
>ghosts in the house. I
>drew up a table to randomise the ghostly happenings
>in the place but want some
>more original suggestions, if anyone has any for what
>to add to or change in the
>table.

               Anakin

---> First, grab yourself a copy of 5th edition Call
of Cthulhu (or maybe any edition will do). There is a
great scenario in the back, 'The Haunted House' which
should give you plenty of ideas on how to scare your
posse (blood running down the walls, furniture
scooting around the room, lotsa stuff). Other than
that watch a movie like 'The Haunting of Hill House'
(I think that's the right name)- it's a black&white
horror story, and very scary even though it is like 40
or 50 years old.

      However, I don't suggest using a random table. I
would advise you to maybe start off small, with
innocuous happenings, like quiet noises and creaky
stairways. Then build and build with happenings
getting louder and louder and more and more blatant
until they reach a climax. Then break it off, and give
them some time to breathe. Then hit them with the real
climax and knock them off their feet just when they
thought they were safe!

       With a random table you can't really pace the
game (unless you don't stick to the table, in which
case what's the point in using it?) because there is a
possibility of events being rolled which could affect
how you, as a marshal, -want- things to turn out. I
would use a list rather than a table, and tailor
events to suit the game at any given moment. It's
actually less work before the game (although it takes
the marshal to be 'on the ball' during the game).
Hope my advice helps (even if you don't use it :) )

          - Marshal Thorn (Tinhorn n' proud)