SV: [DL] Need ideas for a new campaign

> Okay - let me see if I have this straight. . .
>
> Huckster's twin brother looking for sis.
> Pinkerton who gunned down the martial artist.
> Gunslinger kid who inherited a Denver house.
>
> Huckster's sister last seen plotting against the pinkerton, for the death
> of the martial artist.
>
> Are the kid and Pinkerton still hanging around together in Denver?  If so.

Yep, you got it all right. I might add a coulpe of interesting facts about Mr. Pink: He is also a huckster, and guess who taught him? That's right, old sister huckster. He isn't very powerful, he only had Soul Blast 2 and a coulpe of tricks at the end of last game, but, he has mojo. And nobody knows about it, nor do anyone know he is a pink.

Oh yeah, there is also this huckster (a good guy, but the posse isn't certain of that) that looks ecactly like Mr. Pink!

> The trick will be that the brother doesn't know everything about dear
> little sis, despite the near telepathic link between the two.
>
> The now dead huckster's soul is trapped in the house.  (haunting's seem to
> be the theme now.)
>
> Her soul by itself was just barely strong enough to linger in the world,
> anchored to the house that she was in when she tried to kill the Pinkerton.
> (Work with the Pinkerton on this - script out the dramatic showdown between
> the Pinkerton and the Huckster - but DON'T TELL the Huckster player what
> happened.   The battle has to end up with the female huckster being evil -
> using black magic and bloody bones to create monsters)
>
> That way you can give the huckster player psychic insights of what
> happened, and gives the Pinkerton player a dirty little secret that he can
> withhold from the new Huckster.

Now this is the evil stuff I was looking for. But, better yet, Mr. Pink thinks that she survived, and maybe even that he was controlled somehow. Bloody skeletons showing up all over the place have grown to be a rather common occurence in the last campaign.

> At her eventual defeat, the sister huckster regains enough sanity to clue
> the posse into the dark evil lurking at the heart of the city of Lost
> Angels.  It is this evil that damned the entire original posse to serve it,
> either before  or after their death.  The martial artist was trying to kill
> the rest of the posse in order to speed the curse up.

Well, the MA never fought the posse. The pink decided, 'this fellow here is not my friend, but a monster pretending to be my friend,' and shot the MA.

> But, at the end, show the soul of the sister being folded into some form of
> crystalline box and drawn to the West - in the air their lingers the
> echoing and chilling word . . . "Forever"
>
> That should be enough of a plot hook to get the posse pulling together.
> And the creative rewriting of the past should keep your old players off
> balance - which is a good thing.

'Are we evil?' 'Of course not.' 'But she said....'

Ah, I love that.

> Oh - and don't miss out on the reintroduction of the players to the now NPC
> Blessed - who is a devout and high ranking member of Grimme's clergy, and
> his dismissal of the posse's warnings - for he is strong in the faith and
> under the divine protection of Rev. Grimme .   :-)

That goes without mention. But does he know Grimme is evil? Is he evil? Bwahah...

> This would also be a time to introduce them into the changes in the city of
> Lost Angels as was detailed in the book.  Yet another historical change to
> keep the players off balance.

Well, as mentioned, I really want to tie Devils Tower into all of this, mainly so that the players know a little first hand about HoE before we actually play it. Then there's Stone...

> And the possible introduction of the main campaign plot.  Which might
> dovetail into some upcoming adventures that are set in the Maze.  The
> Canyon O' Doom adventure has anti-Grimme sentiments that may get tied into
> this.

Damn, on of the two supplements that I really want but haven't got.

> And, at some point, when the posse has become too much of a thorn - then
> their old buddy, the good ex-Blessed buddy of theirs, is sent to come
> a'calling.

That guy, with Bolts of Doom - My gawd. But is he evil....? ;-D

Marshal Ole I. Stene