Re: [DL] Self Exorsism

--- Undead Rustler <rrj@zombieworld.com> wrote:
> >>-Munch "A harrowed munchkin is an oxymoron" Wolf
>
> errr, can i ask a stupid question?  i'm unfamiliar
> with your use of munchkin in this context.  inform
> me please.  how is he being a munchkin?
> everytime i ask a question i take one more step away
> from ignorance.  it's a slow and painful process.

Munchkins are people of small stature who sing about
lollipop guilds.  No wait, that not it.  I know,
they're my relatives, get it, Munch-Kin, <alf> HA I
crack myself up </alf>.  A munchkin is someone who
abuses the rules to make an obscenly powerful
character, and pretty much only plays to make his
character more powerful.  If given a mission that
doesn't give him a mega-artifact, or enhance him in
any way, he will most likely ignore it or run away.

An example would be the person who would steal the
Night Train, while using the rest of the posse as bait
for the Nose Ferrets, and then complain about having
to pay fees to use the rail lines.

The reason I called the blessed harrowed character a
munchkin is because that's what the original poster
called him.

Ronald Conner wrote:
> In my case I'm going to have the manitou exorcise
>itself because my blessed is such a munchkin.

The reason I said a harrowed munchkin is an oxymoron
is because unless you give the character a magic ring
that wins all domain checks and cancels the ability of
the Marshal using chips for getting domain (which
would be the stupidest thing for a Marshal to give a
character, but an object ALL munchkins would covet),
no matter how powerful they make the character, they
are making an equally powerful villian.  Likewise at
the Marshal's whim, whatever the munchkin relies on
the most, be it money, artifacts, skills, etc, with
just spending a chip he can take it away.  Since the
character is unaware of what the manitou is doing when
it has control, he might not realize he's lost
something, or where it's gone.  I really, really like
the idea of the character waking up with body parts
missing.  Shoot, he might not even realize it
immediately.  Manitou takes over, chops off all his
toes, tosses them in the outhouse, puts his boots back
on.  Character wakes up, and has to make a skill roll
just to be able to walk.

For more fun, wait until the blessed is in the middle
of using his powers, and then take over.  Now if the
player wasn't a munchkin, and was beneficial to the
party/game in general, then maybe I'd play down the
manitou control.

In the case given the manitou was driven to the point
of suicide.  I was just trying to think of new
alternatives that it could try.  The is nothing worse
than a suicidal manitou, because as I said, one chip,
one stick of dynamite, boom.  Although, you could
scare the munchkin by having the character
'un-blackout' with the lit stick of dynamite in his
mouth, and tell him he's got 1 action to figure out
what to do (sort of the manitou's way of letting him
know whose boss).

-Munch Wolf