[DL] More Goff stuff

Heres Johns reply to shootin' people being a sin.

> Now would you consider shooting someone but not killing them a major sin or
minor sin?
> Well regardless thanks for the insight, hope Im not bugging you too much
with these questions. And as always keep up the good work.

Hmm...possibly. Especially if the character is the shoot first, consider
other options later. One of the big precepts of Christianity is mercy and
kindness. Christ spoke one of his most famous messages, the "Beatitudes" I
believe, on that. (That's where the 'meek shall inherit the earth' etc.,
comes from, BTW.)

"Love thy neighbor as thy self," "If a man hate another, he has committed
murder in his heart," and so on seem to point that needless violence is a bad
thing in Christianity. No doubt your players will come back with the Crusades
as an example of Church-fostered violence, but just point out they're not
serving an earthly instituition with political (or at least misguided) aims,
but Heaven itself, so the Crusades don't work as supporting documentation. ;-)

Hence no gameshow... er no sinnin' check if you shoot but dont kill someone.
Unless of course the violence could be avoided, etc, etc - see last email.

Bart
"I want to kill Doc, but I hate Doc Jr. even more!"