Re: [DL] Self Exorsism - adventure idea

> > J Tolle wrote:
> > However, you guys are all assuming that this
> > manatou has some sort of
> > obligation to the host here.  NO WAY.  If -
despite
> > your manatou's best
> > efforts - evil is perpetrated, then I would have
the
> > fellow take off.

> Allan Seyberth wrote:
> It can't.  Part of the price of Harrowed-dom is that
> the Mantiou is stuck
> for "life", no take back.  Phenomenal Earthly Power
> - little bitty living
> space. . .

Never say never :).  I agree that the Manitou can not
willingly leave the host, but that doesn't mean he
can't find a way...

Adventure Idea: The manitou trapped in the blessed
harrowed (or for everyone else, choose any harrowed
character) is desperate for freedom (ie, you're sick
of the abuse the harrowed gets away with.  Don't pull
this on a good roleplayer).  Like J Tolle suggested,
the character wakes up with a note from his symbiotic
pal.  Something along the lines of "I grow weary of
our union.  There is a way for us to be rid of the
other and still survive.  There is a letter waiting
for you in Denver (or Dallas, or New Orleans, it don't
matter) which explains more."
Now this works better if the manitou has been a
particular nuiscence to the character, throwing away
his stuff, killing his pets, giving him a bed rep,
etc.  If the player does not go to Denver then have
the manitou up the attacks.  Maybe have the player
awake with his gun to his head, or in another
seemingly suicidal state.  If he goes to Denver then
the manitou stops playing tricks (this should be a
good enough encouragement to follow the manitou's
idea).  Note, since the manitou is always concious it
is really difficult to bluff it into thinking he is
going to Denver, and then do his own thing.
When he gets there he finds another letter, "There is
a ritual similar to exercism which will seperate me
from you yet keep us both alive.  There are a few
things you must get first."  Now for the wild goose
chase part.  Send him to get each item, and don't tell
him of the next item until he completes each task.  He
would need one of Hellstrom's Automations (undamaged),
some of Baron LaCroix's Zombie Juice, a gun from a
Hanging Judge, and anything else you feel like having
him search for.  You know, 'easy :)' quests.
He will also need to seek out a Dark Acolyte (black
magic weilder).  If at any time you need to introduce
a new character (ie, one died or a new player joined)
give them the Acolyte.  Let them know that they will
only play this character until the end of this
campaign thread.  Why give the Acolyte to a player?
Well, the party is more likely to trust another player
(even if he's known evil) than to trust the Marshal.
Don't tell the Acolyte Player ANYTHING about whats
going on, after all his character won't know.  What he
does know is he has a 'Soul Transferance' spell.  Tell
him how the spell works.  It's the same as exorcism,
except he needs a body for the host to go into, and he
needs the zombie juice to keep the harrowed alive.
Maybe even mention the other items create a
pseudo-manitou which helps keep the harrowed alive.
Tell him whatever you want, after all, you're LYING
:).  Anyway also let him know they need a high
fear/spiritual place to preform the ritual.  The
manitou suggests Gettysburg, or those springs
mentioned in the book of the dead (sorry, don't have
it on me), or any fear level 6 place (good luck
finding one.  For the ritual the harrowed and spell
caster have to be there for 8 hours, so the posse can
stand guard as wave of wave evil creatures attack.
When it's all over the manitou does indeed leave the
harrowed body, and the harrowed remains alive (so any
scrying on whether he was being honest reveals that he
was).  Unfortunately the only way a manitou can leave
a harrowed body is if a more powerful one takes his
place.  Now you have the manitou in the automations
body, maybe even give him the judges gun (transfers
over), plus all coup and harrowed powers (whee hah,
big momma abomination).  The harrowed looses all
harrowed powers (save one at level one), and now has a
greater manitou in him (recheck dominion levels).
Also the new manitou STARTS with control.  Watch the
party panic.  If the party completely dies, declare
the new manitou as having complete domain, start a new
campaign with 2 new abominations.  If the party
survives and the priest doesn't, the should really
dislike the idea of dying now.  Of course both the
party and priest shouldn't survive, but if they do
have the new manitou work doubly hard to take total
control.

-Munch Wolf