Re: [DL] Random questions - SPOILERS

In a message dated 4/19/2000 6:00:18 PM Central Daylight Time,
munchwolf@yahoo.com writes:

>  That's the key issue 'for the MOST part'...

> We know the leader of the Confederacy works for the
> Reckoners, while the Union counterpart does not.  The
>  whole idea of 'Confed = bad' 'Union = Good' is the
> feel I get from reading the source books.  Fort 41,
> the Union secret lab, seems like a happy hippie
> colony, while Roswell, the Confederate's counterpart,
> seems like a labor camp.  When the Union attacks it is
> in retaliation to Confederacy aggression.  Most of the
> battles listed seem to be the Confederacy moving
> north, and not the other way.  Although both sides use
> mad science, the Confederacy seems to prefer the more
> inhuman versions (ie Mustard Gas).  I'm not trying to
> make this a North/South thing either, but I feel the
> South as being given a bad rep, and just curious if
> that's how people play them?
    Actually, I would see all the rest as a result of the first.  The leader
of a nation being in the reckoner's pocket (as it were), well that should
tell you that place isn't a nice place to retire.  Unless you happen to think
the Reckoners are great guys of course.
   If you'd rather it be the otherway around, I don't see any reason why not.