SV: [DL] Vulture Gulch Old West building

> The first patents on barbed wire were taken out in the United States in
> 1867, but it was not until 1874, when Joseph Glidden of De Kalb, Ill.,
> invented a practical machine for its manufacture, that the innovation became
> widespread. By 1890, fenced pastureland had virtually replaced the open
> range in the western United States.
>
> So it had been invented before the Reckoning but wasn't manufactured in any
> quantity until nearly that time.  Okay all you Mad Science types, what sorts
> of ghost rock inspired machines can you come up with?  And how can barbed
> wire be improved with ghost rock?

Ah, but I must point out that the Reckoning occured at July 3, 1863, that is, the barbed wire was invented four years later. As for improvement - I expect that you can make it from ghost steel, making it harder to cut? Also, the image of an ABWD (Automatic Barbed Wire Disposer) springs to mind...

Marshal Ole I. Stene