[DL] Mysterious pasts and veteran draws

Howdy folks,

Once again I want to draw inspiration from your evil minds. As I mentioned earlier, I am restarting my old campaign. Thanks for the suggestions, btw, I am using several of them. The huckster is a female character, but has a male player, and both me and the player want to change this, so he is going to play his old character's twin brother, while the original character is going to do.... well, not so nice stuff, as an NPC. ;)

Now, today I've created the new character, toned down grit and hexslinging (the old character used the old system), added a few skills, a few new hexes and a familiar to even out the lost points, but one thing is missing: His mysterious past and his veteran drawback. The female version of the character was lame in her left arm and had the ghost of her kind grandfather watching over her. The arm was healed later on.

What I am looking for is: For a mysterious past, something that seems REALLY cool, but isn't. Like some power that costs somehow. For the veteran draw, not something that is a minor pest all of the time, but rather something that stings a LOT, some of the time.

Or, anything else any you might think of. Let it rip. :)

Marshal Ole I. Stene