Re: [DL] New Trick...

    Sure, I've seen MAVERICK, too.  I know *exactly*
where you got the name.
What I'm saying is, unless you happen to have Bret
Maverick running around in
your DEADLANDS game, it's not appropriate to name
hexes after him -- it's a
real-world reference that chips away at the
verisimilitude of the game.  It
would be like calling a mad sciencist thinking device
a "personal computer"
-- the fact that it's an accurate name doesn't make it
the best choice for
the game.  Thus, I think "Perfect Cut" or "Cut To The
Quick" or "Velvet's
Cut" -- something along those lines -- would work
better.Steve Long

---> Hey, -he- created the hex, it's up to him what he
calls it (I don't think it will infringe on anyone's
copyright :P). 'Sides, one huxter in my campaign (PC),
was -called- Brett Maverick ('cause he liked the
character in the film so much).

       - Thorn