[DL] Corrupted Tribal Relic

One of my posse used to be a shaman who had a pretty hot tribal spear
(he was the last of his tribe - and sadly he is no longer the last).
The spear included both appeasement points and favours, does this
meant that anyone can pick it up and use it.  When the shaman bit the
dust he used his last action to throw the spear at a fear monger
wounding it greviously, but not killing it (that was just before the
huckster brought the ceiling down on the shaman).  I sort of fancy the
fearmonger turning up again maybe missing an eye and having a long
scar where he was hit, but weilding the shaman's staff which seems to
have turned black.  I know that there are no rules for that kind of
thing and really what I say goes - it just set me wondering if there
are any guidelines for anyone (or any indian) picking up such a spear
and using it - the appeasement's there and so are the favors, what do
folks think?

Roy