[DL] Mysterious part: What do you think?

Howdy gang,
I've been nagging about my former-sister-now-brother twin huckster for a while. Finally, I've come up with something for his mysterious past (I am still lacking a veteran hindrance, so if anyone has suggestions, come with 'em).

It is like this: The PC's great-grandfather (and probably several of the familiy before him) was a huckster (or as close as you can come to being a huckster before the reckoning). Someone in the familiy had, long ago, done a pact with some dark power (a greater manitou? a reckoner? something else?), a pact that could be transfered though the generations.

On his death bed, the great-grandfather tranfers this power to the PC, by the two of them mixing blood (nothing fancy, just a simple cut in the hand on both of them and then a handshake). Upon his death, great-grandfather returns as a ghost to protect the PC's sister (the original PC, we are doing a sex change here by switching sister for brother), as he thinks her to be in danger (as the posse will see, this is not the case).

The power works like this: It is just like the harrowed power Luck o' the Draw, except it grows in power. Every time the huckster uses it, it gains a level. That is, the first time, he draws one card, the second time, two cards and so on. The problem comes as the huckster uses the power for the sixth time - that is beyond the scope of the power, and the evil force the pact was made with comes to collect. The PC is going to hell in a very small bucket, and this is not a ride he is going to enjoy. :-) I haven't decided exactly what happens yet, but it will be pretty bad (possibly lethal) for the PC.

So, what do you think? Suggestions? Thoughts? Flames?

Marshal Ole I. Stene