Re: [DL] Hexarcana MA

> just to clarify things for my pentium I brain, no make that a 486.
Hexarcana will include all i need to create an MA?  i won't need to buy The
Great Maze in order to have a superbad Bruce Lee PC.

Yes--it's got everything you need. All, in fact, that was in the Great Maze
(revamped) plus a good bit more.

> also, there are both manuevers and powers for MAs?  sounds like one is
based on nimbleness and the other is based on Chi.  could someone explain
how they work differently from each other?  thank you,

There are martial artists and there are _enlightened_ martial artists.

Martial arts training lets your hero take fightin': martial arts--which in
turn opens up a bunch of options. Every martial artist learns maneuvers
equal to his fightin': MA level. There are 9 or so in  Hexarcana, so you can
do a fair amount of picking and choosing to customize your character's
fighting style. MA also allows your character to do a bonus 1d6 when he's
using his bare hands and feet in combat. He can choose to make that lethal
damage or brawling damage as well. Finally, there are a few fightin'
concentrations you can only purchase if your hero has fightin' MA.

Enlightened martial artists are the truly cinematic-type fighters, the kinds
you see in Hong Kong action flicks. They learn ch'i powers (which is
actually a fancy name for tapping the Hunting Grounds' energies like all the
other arcane backgrounds).

Martial arts training is an Edge and arcane background: enlightened is also
an Edge, but your hero must have martial arts training to purchase it.

John