[DL] Other ways to gain access to Shaman powers

A question just came up, and I'm wondering what you all might come up with.
. .

But what are some non-common ways that you might think of to gain access to
Shaman like powers?

There is Arcane Background - Shaman, Guardian Spirit, and Faith methods -
and I came up with a special Relic and perhaps as a reward given by a
spirit . .

Any other ideas?
-------------------
Allan Seyberth
darious@darious.com
Deadlands fan site - http://www.darious.com/deadlands/index.html

My freshly made cross, my freshly dug grave,
I'm still a man but no longer a slave.
     Scarf Jones, The Railway of Death.  (Burma-Thailand railroad, WWII)

Why did the chicken cross the road?

George Orwell:
Because Big Brother was watching to make sure that it did cross the road,
although in its heart, the chicken never did.