Re: [DL] Looking for Tombstone campaign setting material

	I ran an infamous Tombstone campaign, just from the info in the
Weird West book. (that was 1st ed. mind you). Our game mainly centred
around the conflict between the nearby Apaches and Bayou Vermillion.
	There was also trouble between our Texas Ranger and the Cowboys
that disintegrated into low grade guerilla warfare. Furthermore, Tombstone
became a magnet for Hucksters as first the Irishman (cant remember his
name offhand, from the 1877 book), and then a varity of PC's met with Doc
Holliday. The arrvival of a Bayou Vermillion huckster and Alexander
Graves, turned Tombstone into a magicians paradise.

	As our contingent of players changed, they found themselves
allying with the Apache to attack BV, and then going back to civillisation
and taking railroad money to hunt Apaches. Our infamous gunslinger
Callahan (the original Grim Servant of Death, whose actions inspired the
optional rules in the upcoming Agency book) took advantage of the death of
Fred White (which I was cued to by the sadly defunct 'Today in the Wild
West' resource) to stand for Town Marshal.
	Suffice to say, hes waiting till Wyatt Earp and family move to
town before taking on the Clantons. In the meantime, an old friend of Fred
Whites telegraphed him about trouble in a town a few hundred miles
north... leading the party into 'Worms!'.

	Since then, we've had a hiatus, but to run a Tombstone campaign, I
recommend watching one of the Earp/cowboys films, looking up the Tomstone
timeline in a historical resource and considering how your major players
will interact within the town. You have such notables as the Mayor/Epitaph
editor (a frequent victim of the Rangers 'six-shot' D-Notice), the slimy
Sheriff Behan (who follows the money to BV in our game), the local BV
'troubleshooter' (A huckster called Valroux in our game), The Clantons,
the Apache, the Cavlary at nearby Fort Huacahua, Doc Holliday and assorted
hucksters. The Local reverend is a potential Blessed, and any mad
scientists you feel like. (But we didnt have any)

	Our characters included the local owner of the Oriental Saloon, a
bounty hunter, Texas ranger, Gun for hire, and assorted hucksters.
(including one that botched his first ever hex draw, got the Scart
backlash and died from fright! the rest of the party rode up and wondered
who this stranger was that had just keeled over in the road ahead, with a
look of sheer horror on his face! ((N.B. beat that one John :) A character
fatality within 2 minutes of game starting.))

	Anyway, there isnt much published Deadlands material for
Tombstone, but by mixing history and characters, you can have an
unforgettable campaign. Hope this helps. Previous discussion of our
campaign can be found in the list archieves. try searching under my name,
with especial reference to 'Too big to bring in' and 'Grim Servant o'
death'.

	Steve "competing for the Killer Marshal gold medal" Ellis.

	"In the long run we are all dead"

				-John Maynard Keynes