Re: [DL] Alternate methods of character generation?

> | I'd love to hear from experienced marshals on how the current
> | character creation system "feels" to them and from people that have
> | taken a good, hard look at analyzing the build system.
>
> I pretty much use the system as written, though I allow players who draw
> badly to redraw (my discretion, o' course).  If I were to go to a "build"
> system, however, I'd probably just give the players dice equal to the
> Archetypes in the main rules (Revised), and let them distribute however
> they please.

If one of my players draws more than 2 deuces, I make them redraw unles they
really want the draw they got.  My logic tis that with more than one deuce
(one being pretty realistic), the character's probably going to get hosed
rather frequently on rolls, and that just wouldn't end up being any fun.
Yeah, it makes them a bit stronger, but I figure it's  better for a player
to abuse a strong character than to not be able to do anything with a weak
one.

Nick "The Marshal shows Mercy" Zachariasen

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson