Re: [DL] Alternate methods of character generation?

>However, I'm wondering if anyone has developed a non-random method for
>obtaining Traits and Trait Levels.  IMHO, I think characters are hit a
>bit too hard when a player pulls a duece (or two).  However, if you
>allow players to pull as many 12 card combinations as they want until
>they find one they're happy with, you're essentially providing an
>imbalanced (in favor of the player) non-random system.

What I do is, if the player is unhappy with their card draw, I allow them
to take 2d12, 4d10, 2d10, 3d8, 1d8, 4d6, 3d6, 3d6, 2d6, 2d6 for stats.  No
mysterious pasts.
-------------------
Allan Seyberth
darious@darious.com
Deadlands fan site - http://www.darious.com/deadlands/index.html

My freshly made cross, my freshly dug grave,
I'm still a man but no longer a slave.
     Scarf Jones, The Railway of Death.  (Burma-Thailand railroad, WWII)

Why did the chicken cross the road?

George Orwell:
Because Big Brother was watching to make sure that it did cross the road,
although in its heart, the chicken never did.