Re: [DL] Mad Scientists [JOHN]

Ok you answered the other questions ok but this one still gets me.

>2. What is research time.  It is listed in both the main book, smith and
>robards, and the revised edition.  It says that if you don't get the minium
>hand for the gizmo you spend half the research time and get nothing.  Is
>research time the same as construction time?  Or is it the 8 hours that you
>get from a botched roll halved?

>The actual blueprint takes about 5 minutes per hand rank to draw up!  >Once
>the muse strikes, it is ruthless in not letting go and the scientist
>scribbles fervently.  This time may be extended if the appropriate
>materials are not at hand - GM's call, but these guys are the ultimate
>napkin scientists.

>On a Hard (9) spirit roll, a mad scientist can actually slow down the time
>it takes him to devise the blueprint to a whole day, giving a +2 bonus to
>any construction roll using that blueprint.

>Ohh. . . tattoo blueprints. . .

That wasn't quite what I was asking.  I ment reseach time.  I know about how
long it takes to hack out a blueprint.  The research time is kinda fluked in
the book.  There isn't a standard listed anywhere and the only reference it
makes to time spent researching is 1. on a botched research roll the mad
scientist spends 8 hours in pointless study and gets nothing.  2. if you do
not make the minimum hand rank then the scientist spends half the reserch
time on a dead end.  What is the research time?

>51/2. What is the average range of a piano traveling at 600 mph.

>Is it a Baldwin or a Steinway?
player upright.

"Say does anyone else hear flight of the valkeries?"