Re: [DL] Mad Scientists [JOHN]

>That wasn't quite what I was asking.  I ment reseach time.  I know about how
>long it takes to hack out a blueprint.  The research time is kinda fluked in
>the book.  There isn't a standard listed anywhere and the only reference it
>makes to time spent researching is 1. on a botched research roll the mad
>scientist spends 8 hours in pointless study and gets nothing.  2. if you do
>not make the minimum hand rank then the scientist spends half the reserch
>time on a dead end.  What is the research time?

Use the base time chart.  The Mad Scientist gets halfway through building
the device before he realizes that his design is flawed.
-------------------
Allan Seyberth
darious@darious.com
Deadlands fan site - http://www.darious.com/deadlands/index.html

My freshly made cross, my freshly dug grave,
I'm still a man but no longer a slave.
     Scarf Jones, The Railway of Death.  (Burma-Thailand railroad, WWII)

Why did the chicken cross the road?

Thomas Hardy:
The road was black, the sky was white (and so were the feathers) as the
bright red mark on the top of the chicken's head gleamed in the twilight.
It was a pure chicken and it was doomed.