RE: [DL] WWW (OT)

Mr. Pat Phalen wrote:
>I rented the movie a few weeks ago, and not having great expectations (due
>to list reviews) and not having a major h**don against Will, I thought they
>did a decent job at telling an entertaining story.

	It's all just MHO, but I could not disagree with you more.

	It's one thing to make an overblown, under-thought, boring "Hollywood"
picture these days, but quite another to make one as needlessly and
gratuitously offensive to African-Americans, Southerners and the disabled
as *TWWW*. Perhaps someone will make a worse film someday, but only if some
studio lets David Duke into the director's chair.
	To be sure, prejudice is something worthy of examination in the cinema,
but please oh Lord let it be done by far brighter (and less greedy) souls
than the ones responsible for this particular piece of cinematic garbage.

>Their only sin is exploiting the WW "franchise", but if it was that big, it
>wouldn't be on at 6AM on TNT.

	Please don't let the "genius" of TNT Programming Executives fool you.
Remember, TNT *IS* the network that handed off their major money-making
franchise to the likes of Bill Busch.
If "the franchise" wasn't "that big", no one would want to spend a trillion
dollars (or so) trying to film it, however wide of the mark the filmakers
in question were.
	There are many people (me included) who treasure the original show very
much, and our feelings should not be callously discarded whether we number
in the millions or the dozens. We the fans were targeted for exploitation
by a groups of cinematic hacks, and thankfully they got what they deserved:
a big ol' stinkburger of a major box-office flop.

	I'm honestly glad you felt like you got your money's worth out of it, Pat.
Please forgive me for praying for the same film's rapid demise from public
concern.

Deo Vindice,
Christopher McGlothlin, M.Ed.

Additional Developer: *Deadlands: The Weird West* Revised Edition
Co-author of *Tales o' Terror: 1877* & *Back East: The South*
Southern by the Grace of God