RE: [DL] WWW (OT)

On Fri, 12 May 2000, Christopher McGlothlin wrote:

> Mr. Pat Phalen wrote:
>I rented the movie a few weeks ago, and not having >great expectations (due to list reviews) and not >having a major h**don against Will, I thought they
>did a decent job at telling an entertaining story.

I have to beg to differ as well.  I think Christopher McGlothlin outlined a few excellent.  Obviously, I agree with them.

If I may, I would like to add a few more.

Characterization - This move was without a doubt one of the worst to develop any decent characters.  The two leads were taken whole cloth from the TV show, and relied heavily on the character development from said vehicle.  However, the movie added nothing to the two main characters.  They fumbled along barely directionless.

That is to say nothing of the supporting players.  Unless Selma Hyeck character was insane, I can think of no plausible reason for her behaviours throughout the movie.  I mean she never tracks from one scene to the next.  I thought I was watching "All about Eve."

And the villian - jeeze I thought, at first, the movie was not going with the I am meglomaniacal just because route.  But then they showed me huh.

And how about if the entirety of your character was based on the fact that you dripped ear wax.  RUH ROH!

I haven't even gotten to plot!  You could drive a clockwork tarrantula through that one.

Anyway, as always this is my humble opinion, and Pat, I am glad you enjoyed it.  As for me however - I was not so lucky!

Jeff "I LOVED the gadgets" Tolle

Why pay when you don't have to? Get AltaVista Free Internet Access now!
http://jump.altavista.com/freeaccess4.go