RE: [DL] WWW (OT)

Glad to see I wasn't the only one who hated (and was deeply disappointed in)
this movie. Some points:

Selma Hayek: was only in this movie for titillation purposes. I can't
believe she didn't fire her agent after reading the script.

Artemus Gordon's Impermeable Vest: I realize it was supposed to be a
bullet-proof vest, but it was CHAIN-MAIL! I'm not much of a firearms expert,
but I didn't think that chain-mail worked against bullets at all! Can anyone
confirm/correct this?

The Flying Bicycle: Disappointing. I wish more had been done with the
design. It looked like they took Leonardo da Vinci's design for a flying
machine, and stuck a bicycle to it. Whoopee.

Dr. Loveless as an amputee: What the hell?

Gordon's Train: Why would it have a lever on the underside that allowed
someone sent there to bring someone else down there as well? Wasn't that
supposed to be Gordon's method of restraining people?

The Spider: Cool!

The Automaton: Y'know, the big guy that West fights on the spider when he
isn't fighting Loveless? What was his story? Where did he come from? Did I
miss something? Honestly, can anyone fill me in?

West as a bellydancer: Besides the stupidity of the concept. None of the bad
guys (gals, actually) knew that 'she' wasn't one of them?

The plot: To quote MST3K, "C'mon, DEAD people know what's going to
happen..."

To sum up: Disappointing. Very disappointing. Visually, very interesting,
but personally, I'd rather watch any episode of "The Adventures of Brisco
County, Jr."...

Derek "Impermeable. Sheesh..." D. Bass

Etheric Musings -- The Science of the Sons of Ether
http://web.cari.net/~ddbass/Ether.htm

FREE Personalized Email at Mail.com