[DL] Re: Shanghai Noon

----- Original Message ----- >
> Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 08:30:52 -0600
> From: darious@darious.com
> Subject: Re: [DL] Re: Shanghai Noon
>
> >----> Sacrilige! Hey WWW wasn't the best movie of last
> >year, but it was fun. YES, some movies are supposed to
> >be FUN, remember?
>
> And watching Will Smith get jiggy with James West was NOT fun.

I had no problem with Smith as James West. I had a problem with the lack of
chemistry between the characters, the lack of plot, crappy dialogue,
disjointed camera work, and uneven (at best) special effects.

> There is just something about Hollywood - maybe it's ego - but everyone
> there just HAS to screw with a story, to put their personal interpretation
> on something that was good to begin with.  After all, their ego is more
> important then the established fan base who have come to like the story
for
> what it was.
>
> I fear for the X-Men.

Or MatriX-Men as it looks to me.... And Matrix Impossible:2 - which I
wouldn't even bother to see were it not a Woo film..

sinisterdexter@mindspring.com