[DL] Re: WWW (OT)

----- Original Message ----- >
> Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 17:33:25 -0400
> From: cmcgloth@halifax.com
> Subject: RE: [DL] WWW (OT)
>
> Mr. Pat Phalen wrote:
> >I rented the movie a few weeks ago, and not having great expectations
(due
> >to list reviews) and not having a major h**don against Will, I thought
they
> >did a decent job at telling an entertaining story.
>
> It's all just MHO, but I could not disagree with you more.
>
> It's one thing to make an overblown, under-thought, boring "Hollywood"
> picture these days, but quite another to make one as needlessly and
> gratuitously offensive to African-Americans, Southerners and the disabled
> as *TWWW*. Perhaps someone will make a worse film someday, but only if
some
> studio lets David Duke into the director's chair.
> To be sure, prejudice is something worthy of examination in the cinema,
> but please oh Lord let it be done by far brighter (and less greedy) souls
> than the ones responsible for this particular piece of cinematic garbage.

All the racial and disabled stuff aside, the movie flat out sucked.
Offensive? Eh, somewhat. Crappy? Yes.

Although if you want to see a crappier movie that already exists, check out
the Godzilla remake. It's the only movie I've ever wanted to walk out of.
Sadly I couldn't because I had my friend's birthday present in my car.

Too keep this from being too off topic the present happened to be The Great
Rail Wars game.. ;-)

sinisterdexter@mindspring.com