Re: [DL] Hexslingers [Goff]/[Long]

What _is_ the difference between hucksters and hexslingers? Is it that
> hucksters are more 'gambler'-oriented and hexslingers are more
> 'gunslinger'-oriented? That's the feel I get from the names. Is that it,
or
> is there more?

Pretty much that's it. Hucksters cast hexes. Hexslingers are gunfighters
that use hexes to improve their chances to hit, do more damage with a
gun, stay up long enough to be the one that ends the fight, et cetera.
Hexslinger hexes are more specialized and they probably don't have a lot
of use for a hex called "Beast Friend". "Loaded for Bear", OTOH....

Hucksters can learn hexes from any copy of Hoyle's. Hexslinger hexes are
passed by word of mouth or created on their own. Hexslinger hexes are
new in comparison to the hexes in Hoyle's. Hexslingers have just
appeared since the beginning of the Reckoning, while hucksters first
came about in the late 1700's, as Edmund Hoyle was the first.

Pope Mike
--
"You know you've found the girl of your dreams when she says you can
'tap her mana'."