[DL] Re:WWW (OT)

----- Original Message ----- >
> Date: Sat, 13 May 2000 01:37:35 -0400 (EDT)
> From: wangenstein@mad.scientist.com
> Subject: RE: [DL] Re: WWW (OT)

    <SNIP!>
> Plus the sound effects were nothing more than "wherrr..." >"wheeee" and
> >cables snapping. Hey, wow. Took a genius to come up with that one.
>
> Okay, remembering back, the execution was less than perfect, but the
> _concept_ of a giant mechanical spider _is_ cool! (BTW, why is it when a
> villain chooses a motif, i.e. spiders, he has it put up all over his
lair?)

I'll agree to this. The idea was great.

> >> The Automaton: Y'know, the big guy that West fights on the spider when
he
> >> isn't fighting Loveless? What was his story? Where did he come from?
Did
> >> miss something? Honestly, can anyone fill me in?
>
> >nope. Just there for comic hilarity! WOO!
>
> As comic hilarity: no sir, I didn't like it. I wanted to know more about
> his/its construction. The Mad Scientist in me, I suppose...

Sorry, that statement should have been preceded with <sarcasm on> followed
by <sarcasm off>. i.e. There was no point, you missed nothing in the fact
that there was no point, no explanation and no way around the fact that this
was yet another failed attempt to be interesting in this film.

sinisterdexter@mindspring.com