Re: [DL] Minature Painting

Brown. Lots of it. Every shade you can get.

Under-coat the models black. This gives them a nice gritty feel that's very
appropriate, and means that if you miss some spots it just looks like
shading. It also makes it considerably easier to paint metal, since that
doesn't go on to white.

When painting metallic objects, drybrush the paint on. That is, put some
paint on the paintbrush, then wipe most of it off on a tissue. Brush the
area to be painted repeatedly with the dry bristles until enough silver
paint rubs off that you get a great dulled, worn metal effect, rather than
everything looking like it's just come out of the general store.

Never go with more than one colour other than black, brown, white, or silver
on the model. If you want a green shirt, fine, just don't go givin' him
bright red shoes as well.

Paint all the models in each posse in a very similiar manner, with exactly
the same colours. Try and keep all the posses and leaders with the same
general colouration.