[DL] Re:Perils of the New Science

> I'm hopeing that It will
> give some more detailed Mad Scientist References (both alchemists and
> other).

>Could you be more specific on what references you mean? Even if I don't
>have
>them in right now, I'm not too far along to try to address them (if it's
>cool enough <g>).

> In addition to the traditional Doomtown adventure and new selection
> of inventions.
>

>Definitely, and tons.

As for references I would like to see the following.
1. you list the ingredients for alchemist potions but the exact things
represented by the broad catagories is kind of vauge.  As a marshal and a
player I would like to see at least one small chart with some recomendations
for rare or exotic ingredients.  The most intresting thing I've come up with
so far is shower water from an insane aslyum.  That was a good one but it
really was the pinnicle. (pun intended.)
2. I love design quirks.  Without them I would only be a one machine wonder.
I want to see them reprinted in perils, along with some new ones and some
specficly for alchemists.
3. Take a tip from Mage:the acention.  Break the types of science down into
groups.  You already have your patchworks scientest, augmentor, metal mage,
ect.  But there is more to science than just weird gizmos.
4. Some kinds of basic things you can do with scientific knowldge would be
great.  Kind of like the skills that martial artists get even if they don't
buy chi powers.
5. I love dementias.  They can be fun to play even if you don't have much
experiance.  This isn't really an encouragement to give us more just that
the idea has some serious merit and you should give a pat on the back to
whoever thought it up.
6.  Some specific Mad scientist hinderances and edges would be nice.  This
isn't quite as easy as It sounds I know but They traffic with the forces of
darkness just as much as the average huckster.  Give them a metaphysical
break.
7. Augmentation is great.  I havn't gotten a chance to use it but I think
that the rules for it are underused.  With some tweaking it could be better.
I am looking forward to this part of the book even if it does make my
players a bit overpowered.  The loss of significant body parts is quite
threat enough to keep them in line.
8.  Will the colliegium have their own catalogue like S&R?  It would be much
harder to send items overland, (unless that deal with hellstrome and wastach
is true)  Great maze Express anyone?

Finally there are some really great homebrew gizmos out there. I hope you
guys will follow in the heels of RVC and borrow some of the better ones.

Thats about all I can think of off the top of my head,

Ronald Conner

"And don't forget the stats for automotons."