RE: [DL] Proofreading (was: When does Lost Colony come out?

>I'd say
>that Brian and I may be the only people on this list linguistically
ruthless
>enough to proofread for our favorite RPG.  I used to be a proofreader for
my
>school paper until I became the Editor  This brings up the question: who
>does your proofreading, anyway?

Trust me.  There are more than two.  And there are much more subtle style
things to look for (like starting two consecutive sentences with "I", not to
mention the fact that although the grammar is correct in your second
sentence, its usage is clunky.)

>Nick "has an edge over Brian because he speaks *American* English"
>Zachariasen

For example the "he" in this sentence is a dangling pronoun reference.  Does
it refer to Nick or Brian?

Patrick "Is anal-retentive hyphenated" Phalen