Re: [DL] Marshal's Only, please

> > Let me know what you think.  Any cool ideas would be
> > appreciated.
>
> Pretty creepy.  Let's see, what can you do with it:

One of the old Deadlands pages (I forget which one and I don't think it's
around anymore) had a relic called "Father Time's Watch" that was pretty
good.

Once per day the holder could open the watch, and time would freeze for
everyone else except the user for a five second (one combat round) period. I
used to have the player roll quickness to see how many actions he could do
during the frozen time. The character was stuck within a square about four
feet per side, so the watch could not be used to get away from something.
Mechannical items did not work (guns etc) but of course he could pull his
gun out and draw a bead, so that when time started again it looked to
onlookers like he was a scarily fast and accurate draw.

The taint was that every time it was used, the wielder had to draw a card
from the action deck. If the card drawn was a joker (or if the quickness
roll was botched)...

Time stopped as normal, and stayed stopped until such time as either the
character was dead, or the ravenous manitou attacking him was. I don't
recall the stats of the manitou, but it was a huge nasty thing with claws
and teeth and suchlike, and guns etc still didn't work (although swords etc
were fine). If the character died, his body would vanish, so all onlookers
would see would be the character open the watch... and then vanish, the
watch falling to the ground where he had been standing.

I thought it was a pretty good relic.

Brian "And that's a cool looking watch!" Leybourne.

.-->
"The Web brings people together because no matter what kind of a twisted
sexual mutant you happen to be, you've got millions of pals out there.
Type in 'Find people who have sex with goats that are on fire' and the
computer will say, 'Specify type of goat.'"

Brian Leybourne
brian.leybourne@airnz.co.nz
bleybourne@hotmail.com
error please notify Air New Zealand immediately. Any views expressed
necessarily reflect the views of Air New Zealand.