[DL] Marshall needs suggestoins

Here's the situation:

During character creation, one of my posse members had a mysterious
past.  I told her that she had an heirloom (unbeknownst to her, it gives
her arcane protection) and gave her the option of making up the
heirloom.  She chose a SILVER collar that her father put on her, but has
no latch and she can't get it off.  I thought was kinda cool, so I said
o.k.

Then, after forgetting what the heirloom was, I decided to introduce
Lycanthropy to my game, and she was the victim.  She doesn't know yet
that she has been infected (nor does she know the power of the heirloom
yet).  Obviously, wearing a silver collar that can't be removed can be
very detrimental to a werewolf.  But I fell like I could do something
great with this, after all, if a silver colar doesn't have some effect
on lycanthropy, what will?  But what should I do?   I want there to be
something more than  the collar simply prevent the Lycanthropy.  But
what?

Any suggestions would be helpfull.

Thanks in advance,
Everett