[DL] Movie Thoughts

Saw Shanghai Noon last night.

If you're a Jackie Chan fan, you've got to see this movie. IMHO, it's the
most entertaining one of his I've seen and I've seen a lot. The stunts
aren't quite as death-defying as Chan fans might be used to, but the story
and characters more than make up for it.

It's a blast and quite a pleasant suprise after the WWW debacle...

OTOH, I picked up a copy of Jesse James meets Frankenstein's Daughter,
thinking "Now there's a movie that just begs for me to see it."

Don't. It's one of the most boring movies I've seen in a long time. I can't
even say it was campy enough to watch just to make fun of. The pace drags
and the plot lags. The script seems to pick some of the worst elements of
westerns and the worst of Frankenstein horror flicks and shoe horns them
painfully together.

I'd see Battlefield Earth again before I'd watch this one a second time...

Okay, maybe not.

John