Re: [DL] New Marshal

>I find that "This Harrowed Ground" from the Marshal's screen is a great
>intro adventure.

Lemme tell ya a story... Very Minor Spoilers for "This Harrowed Ground"...
but who _hasn't_ run it?

This was the first adventure I, too, ran.  My group's style is pretty
serious, with a little bit of comic relief now & then.  I made the mistake
of inviting a guy who's roleplaying syle was a wee bit... Looney.  He
didn't play in character, poked fun at everything, and so on.  The last
straw was when he confronted the returning bandits with, in a false Texas
drawl, "Y'know, I just don't get why we're all wearin' these stupid hats
and talkin' with these dumb accents..."

Guess what happened next.  The guy took 7 wounds to the chest, 3 to the
head, and 2 to the leg. No dice were fudged in the splattering of this
character.  Guess a grump posse of bandits _isn't_ a good thing to poke fun
at.  He then tried to cheat on the Harrowed draw!  I did _not_ invite the
guy back for the second half of the adventure, needless to say.

The rest of the adventure was great, though, and I must again recommend it
to novice Marshals.  Just be sure of your players first.

-Evil Marshal Mayfield
Tastes like zombie!

The Hell's Bunker- http://www.geocities.com/hellsbunker