Re: [DL] Greater Manitou question

Perhaps a fellow mad scientist tells the PC about a formula, which, when
written several times in succession, expands the mind and allows a greater
chance of inventing a device. Or maybe they find a gizmo, (like a
thinking-cap or something), which appears to simply make it easier to invent
devices. In fact, both are ways of trying to contact greater manitou. The
formula would be different for every manitou, and each manitou would
probably have a unique gizmo associated with it. If the attempt is
successful, the mad scientist gets whiff of a scent, or a strange feeling,
and is then affected by the 'cost'. Desert Flower, in fact, already has a
scent described for her. Burned Man would most likely smell like burning
flesh, Flayed Dog would smell like blood and fear, Gunsmoke would smell
like... well, gun smoke, etc...

Tim

> I've been trawling around the various unoffical Deadlands sites, and came
> across the Greater Manitou stuff. Very groovy, but I have a question:
given