[DL]

This message is going out to multiple associated recipient lists.
Please forgive me if you get multiples.

-------------------------------------

Howdy Folks!

The summer Con season is sneaking up on us again.
Time to start making plans, if you already haven't.

Last year's "Fire & Brimstout: The 1st Annual Origins PEG Listserve Dinner"
was a smashing (or is that smashed?) success.

There was much delicious dining and debauched drinking done, and this led to
even more drinking,
which in some cases, led to some drunken dicing. If you weren't there, you
were somewhere else.

Well, we're gonna do it again!

-------------------------------------

What?

A rootin' & tootin', eatin' & drinkin' good time.
Come mix it up with the folks you chat it up with.

Where?

Barley's Brewpub
467 N. High St.
Columbus OH 43215
(conveniently located across the street from the convention center)

Barley's totally cool (and I mean that in the best sense. Ohio is pretty
darn hot in July!)
basement banquet room. Think combination beer hall and saloon, minus the
soiled doves.
It's downstairs from the main bar and has its own set of facilities.
-Full service Bar!
-Private Bathrooms!
-Deadicated waitstaff to fulfill all our dining needs!
-Separate sound system! (Someone bring a Toxic Tunes!)

When?

Saturday, July 15th
8:00 PM till ???
-Cocktails (read: beer) and hors d'oeuvres at 8:00.
-Dinner at 9:00.

Who?

Just like last year, it'll be a gathering of friends and fans of good ol'
PEG.
(i.e., the DL List crowd, the HOE List crowd, the LC List crowd, the
Doomtown list crowd, the BNW List crowd,
significant-others, hanger-onners, "Important Industry Insiders", Special
Guest Stars, and God help us all... the DL-OT List crowd!)

How?

Last year's procedures worked out pretty well, so I'm not messing with them.

Here is the buffet:

-Veggie platter trays
-Choice of 2 entrees (Baked orange Roughy, Roast pork loin, Meat lasagna,
veggie lasagna, roasted top round with au jus, or herb grilled chicken) I
am leaning towards the roast pork loin and the meat lasagna as they where
the majority favorites last year, and very well received.
-Two sides (various types of potatoes and seasonal veggies)
-Garden green salad
-Rolls and butter
-Coffee, Hot or Iced tea

Beer and other adult beverage is individual choice at the cash bar.

Note: Barley's staff will be handling the ID'ing of customers who plan to
drink. I'm not from Ohio, so I don't know how strict the laws are, but to
be safe, bring positive ID. Underage guests are welcome, of course, but if
there are any alcohol shenanigans, you will be tossed out. This is
Barley's policy and the Origins Dinner Committee fully agrees with it.

Just Drinkin' Note: Planning on skipping the dinner and just drinking?
No problem! Cash bar with great microbrews available all night!

Fussy Eaters Note: Barleys is a full service restaurant and the upstairs
dining room will be open at the same time if you would like to pursue
private dining options. Be warned, however, that it's usually very crowded
due to Origins being in town.

This is all for $25.00 dollars a head. Cash on the barrel (or to me rather)
as you walk in. It covers dinner, tax, and tip for the servers.
No profit for anyone but the restaurant.

Is it worth $25.00?

Damn straight! Just ask anyone who went last year.
There was a copious amount of food, and it was delicious.
It's safe to say that this could be the best meal you'll have the entire
Con.

RSVP:

So you've decided you want to go.
What next?
Drop a line to me at mailto:OriginsDinner-owner@listbot.com
Let me know how many folks are planning on attending, if you'll be
participating in the buffet or just drinking, and if you have any
embarrassing photos of last year's dinner. I will also send you an invite to
the PEG Origins Dinner Listbot account mailing list, or if you want to sign
up right away, go to http://OriginsDinner.listbot.com and subscribe.

In a few short days, I'll have the "Fire & Brimstout II: Electric Boogaloo"
web site up with more information.

Your host,

Sandor

PS If you are receiving this from the Origins Dinner Listbot account mailing
list that was set up last year, and are no longer interested in receiving
any information about this year's dinner, please drop me a line at
mailto:OriginsDinner-owner@listbot.com and I'll take you off the list.

Allan Seyberth
darious@darious.com
Deadlands fan site - http://www.darious.com/deadlands/index.html