Re: [DL] A whole passel o' questions...

:  1) In what situations is Wrasslin' used, as opposed to Brawlin'?

Wrasslin' would be used when you're so close to one another you can't punch
or kick (You're hugging each other, and trying to throw the opponent to the
ground, in other words).  Brawlin' is simple barroom brawling:  Punching,
kicking, clubs (Pool cues and beer mugs are great!), that kinda thing.

:  2) What's a fedora look like?

Indiana Jones is infamous for it (Someone else mentioned eariler).  Watch
any old Gangster show (The Untouchables is a good one) for other showings of
the infamous "Gangster Hat".  If you got either of the "Blues Brothers"
movies, their "Porkpie Hats" are close enough, almost identical, actually.

:  3) What, exactly, is a blasting cap used for? I have a loose idea, but
would like an exact definition.

A great description of it was put eariler.  The "House Rules" I use is that
if you don't use a blasting cap (Which are NOT as stable as dynamite!), you
get a reliability check (18 or 19), if it fails, it doesn't go off.  Simple,
no?

:  4) What the general way to use Nitro? How much shaking does it take to
blow up?

OK, seeing as I live (And have grown up) in a mining town, I guess I can say
this with great ability.  Simply FARTING next to nitro will set it off.  One
little jarred motion will set it off!  This is why dynamite is so loved,
it's ALOT more stable.  Also, something most people don't realize, is that
old dynamite sweats nitro!  So, for you sadistic Marshal's out there (Goff,
you readin' this???)

The use of nitro was to have some poor soul (Usually a Chinaman on the
Raillines, sorry folks, but it's Historically Correct!) pour it down the
hole, and then set it off somehow (Don't ask how, it doesn't really matter!
ANYTHING sets it off!).  Usually, it was prematurly set off, blowing up the
poor guy that was on the way in with it.  It is NOT stuff to play with.  Why
was it used?  It was the best stuff around for the time.  "And there's
always more Chinamen where that one came from!", as was the mentality of the
time.  Aren't you glad we don't live in that time any longer, eh?

:  5) This isn't a question, more a suggestion. Some rules are hidden away
in the aptitude descriptions, such as how many actions it takes to load a
bullet, draw a gun, the fact that rifles are two-handed, (well, that last
one is obvious, but still...). Do carbines suffer the same penalties for
one-handed shooting as rifles? What about shot-guns? Does it take one action
to draw a stick of dynamite? How about setting the fuse? Lining up a cannon?

I never found any problems with it.  I've never given my players a cannon
(And if they complain, "God" causes a Cannonball to strike THEIR position
due to wind shear on the next attack!).  Do carbines suffer the same
one-hand penality?  Yep, they're shorter than rifles, but not THAT much.
Shotguns?  Sawed-Off ones, no.  But the kick is really bad, and a Vigor roll
is needed to see if you're flat on your backside!  The rest of the stuff I
take into accound as to the situation ("Ruffling through bag, finding
matches, how many you need to strike...  Oh...  It'll take four rounds!"
"YAY!"  "After it gets to your position."  "AHHHHHHHH!!!")

:  8) A whip has a damage value. Does this mean it does damage AND
entangles, or that it can do one or the other? What about bola(s?)?

It does either damage, or it entangles.  Jeeze, you really have never seen
the Indiana Jones movies!  You can either strike someone with the supersonic
tip of the whip, breaking skin (Doesn't go through armor at ALL!), or you
can wrap it around someone's limb, and pull.  Bolas are a set of ropes with
either two or three "Balls" on each side, for weight.  They fly out, and
tangle up the person.  The balls (anything that's weighty, so rocks work)
may hit someone for some wind damage, and if you're lucky enough to get
someone in the neck or head ("Escape from LA", anyone?) then, ya, there'd be
some damage.

Hope that helps ya.  I'm still havin' problems with the Imperial system as
well (Stupid Americans!!!  GO METRIC!!!), so I can't help ya with that.