Re: [DL] Dynamite and TNT (was: A whole passel o' questions...)

:  Given that Nobel invented the blasting cap BEFORE he invented TNT I'm not
sure (other than availability) why you would try to detonate TNT *without* a
cap?  My gut feeling would be that the reliability would be a *lot* less
than that but I don't really have any data to back it up.  :

Well, I got the idea from one of the players who does quite a bit of
prospecting (And, thus, has used alot of this stuff), so...  Blame him.  As
for the high reliability...  It really depends on my mood...  And weither I
want them to just be able to resort to Dynamite or not.  "It doesn't go off.
  Want to know why?  Well, you'd have to go take a look at the stick to find
out."  They pass for some reason.

'Course, come to think of it...  All he's used to is modern day dynamite and
fuses...  Hmmmmmmmmmm...  Wonder if it's changed alot (Almost assuredly!)

>This is why dynamite is so loved, it's ALOT more stable.
>Also, something most people don't realize, is that old
>dynamite sweats nitro!  So, for you sadistic Marshal's
>out there (Goff, you readin' this???)

:  *Many* months (years?) ago there was a *long* discussion about TNT,
dynamite and explosives as well as (good) suggestions on how to handle them
in DL (including the dangers of "old" dynamite - once it's "sweated" the
packing container is now dangerous as well!).  Allan, any idea where they'd
be in the archives.  Quite a few qualified people (including a couple miners
as well as some military types) provided us with a lot of good info.  :

Ah, well...  I wasn't here for that.  Didn't know you folks already knew it.
  Sorry.

Just tryin' to give the Marshals out there as many bullets as possible, is
all.  I scared the PLAYERS once with a crate of old dynamite.  The looks on
their faces as they found the big crate, then found out the age...  "We...
Back...  Away...  VERY...  Slowly...".