Re: [DL] Nature spirits and shamans

At 11:28 PM 6/5/2000 -0700, you wrote:
>Hola all!
>
>I'm running a one-shot in about two weeks, and one of my players insists on
>playing a shaman even though he knows that the adventure happens for the
>most part on a train. I've explained the whole "old ways" deal to him, but
>he's dead-set on his shaman character. I figure that the nature spirits are
>going to be *way* irked at this, so I was thinking of having favours cost
>twice the original number of appeasement points.
>Got any other ideas on how I can best make it clear to him and the other
>players while I'm at it that shamans and technology are a bad mix?
>
>Thanks a mil,
>
>Daphné
>--
>Where am I going, and why am I in this handbasket?

Has the shaman taken the old ways oath? Not all shaman follow the old ways,
and you're not needlessly penalized for it if so. <See Ghost Dancers.> On
the other hand, that heathen shaman performing bizarre rituals <Using
spirit song to refill his guardian spirit's appeasement pool, frex> is
going to certainly be looked at askance. Heck, even the penalty for
violating the old ways oath isn't quite so severe as your proposal...I
believe it's a -2 to -4 on the related rolls. <No books on hand right now.>

Phil