Re: [DL] White house

> My posse is going to kill the president (or, at least, I want them to) >so I'd like to know how well he was guarded.

It's kind of a moot point since the House was burned to the ground when
the Rebs invaded Washington, IIRC. The Capitol was moved to
Pennsylvania. Getting floor plans for the White House, at the time
period, would be nigh impossible, for the very reason you are
suggesting. Why leave plans lying around for people to use to possibly
make an attempt on the Presidents life? The government learned after
what happened to Lincoln.

Think of the new White House as being real big [like a couple hundred
rooms, IIRC], oak walls with *THICK* sheets of steel in them [again,
they did that after the Rebs invaded Washington], cannon emplacements on
a defensively landscaped lawn [which means that the soldiers and cannons
can shoot you from behind small hills, and have a minimum of partial
cover, if not full. And it is impossible to get a shot at the House
itself because of the way the trees, embankments, gardens, and hills are
placed.], air ships over the White House to prevent an ornithopter
kamikaze, an entire *DIVISION* of troops surrounding it [there *IS*
still a war going on, after all], plus the Secret Service surrounding
the President himself [complete with the new Browning Automatic and with
armed soldiers standing by.] Quite possibly a team of Cleaner Agents in
the White House, just in case something regarding the Event tried to
take down the President.

It's not just the House that protects him, but also the 300 people with
guns, hexes, miracles, and gadgets surrounding him.

Btw, your posse must have a death wish, because they aren't going to
survive, even if they pull it off, and there really wouldn't be anywhere
for them to run. Even in a time of war, the government would throw
everything they had into finding whoever commited such a heinous act.
Like I said, the government learned after what happened to Lincoln.

MgMike
--
"You know you've found the woman of your dreams when she says you can
'tap her mana'."