Re: [DL] White house [Gone to almost *WAY* OT]

> I don't have access to any--and I'd like to clarify that I'm sure Max's comment is _purely_ in context to a
>      historical, fictionally based game and not a real conspiracy, plot, or even hypothetical situation regarding the
>      current U.S. government.
>

>      (You never know who's reading the list...)

Of course we do. All communications are run through the NSA computers
under Fort Meade [no crap or conspiracy theory here, folks, this is real
and has been this way for a long time] and those computers search every
email, phone call, and transmission for specific keywords like
'assassinate', 'bomb', 'Jihad', 'Great Satan', et cetera. Then this info
gets passed on to the Secret Service and FBI and, in the case that a
foreign national is sending the mail/making the call, the CIA [who,
contrary to what Hollywood says, *DOES* in fact have autorization to
operate in US territory if a foreign national is involved.] Those
agencies do a background check on the people sending the mail or making
the phone call and determine whether or not they are a threat. Of
course, guarding the President and preventing terrorist attacks are
their jobs, so they view anyone that says/ writes something like that as
a threat and their name, address, SSN, history, date of birth, mother's
maiden name, shoe size, and favorite brand of chewing gum go into big
files. Just in case.

Even from people in foreign countries.

In closing [this was *WAY* OT], Mac, the next time, you might want to
put dates and President Grant's name in there, just to be safe. Just
FYI.

MGMike
--
"You know you've found the woman of your dreams when she says you can
'tap her mana'."