[DL] Resource for Mad Scientists

Last week, I found a neat magazine that I thought would be of
interest to Mad Scientist-types, or just the scientifically inclined.

The magazine's called 'American Heritage of Invention and
Technology'. It's quarterly, and covers a wide range of topics.
The most recent issue included articles on the invention and use
of Teflon, the development of ATMs and can-openers, the uranium
rush of the 1950s, cryptography machines of WWII and (my
personal favorite and the reason I picked up the mag in the
first place) the story of Alexander Graham Bell's patent for the
photophone in 1880. The photophone was the world's first
wireless telephone -- it used light to transmit sound. In 1880.
How cool is that?

Anyway, their address is
http://www.americanheritage/i&t/ . You can even check out their
archive online. It's pretty cool. Enjoy.

BTW, today, I sent off my subscription card for the mag. It's
that cool...

Derek "Wireless phones. 1880. God, I love science!" D. Bass

Etheric Musings -- The Science of the Sons of Ether
http://web.cari.net/~ddbass/Ether.htm

FREE Personalized Email at Mail.com