Re: [DL] Botched Dominion Roll

--- John Goff <JohnGoff@deadlands.com> wrote:
> > Hi, I had a player botch his dominion roll this
> past week.  I know this
> > means that the manitou gets total dominion.. but
> for how long?
> >

> Sorry--I've been trying to find the relevant
> passage, but no luck. In fact,
> I've not even been able to find a rule that says the
> manitou gets total
> dominion!
>
> Could someone point me in the right direction if
> it's in a book?

Book o' the Dead, pg 80, section titled: Total
Dominion.  "If a manitou ever controls ALL of a hero's
Dominion points, it takes over for a good, long while"

It continues by saying the hero no long rolls for
Dominion points at the beginning of sessions.

> Otherwise, I handle it a little differently myself
> anyway. Total dominion is
> a _BAD_ tm thing for a Harrowed. Instead, I just
> give an extra Dominion
> point to the manitou (and take one from the hero).
> That two point swing is
> pretty tough in the long run...

Looked through the books and also could not find any
reference to what to do on a botch roll for Dominion.
Since a normal success by the manitou gives it a point
and takes one from the hero, and each raise increases
that number by one extra point, a botch should be
pretty special.  The easiest solution is have the
hero's total equal one, and then calculate success's
and raises for the manitou.  In the end he should get
about 2 or 3 points, and with the hero losing that
many he should be out of action for a while (unless
you're playing with uber-munchkins with 5d12+20
spirit).

Just a humble suggestion,

Munch Wolf