[DL] Hanging Question, need an answer by 3pm EST (GOFF)

Hey everyone, I have a question that I need answered before we play
tonight.  As you may have guessed by the Subject line, it's about hanging.
The question is... how long does it take?  I know that it is a hard (9)
vigor check at the beginning of every round, but at what point is he dead?
When he reaches 0 wind?  When he reaches 5 wounds to the guts by taking 5x
his wind (that seems like it would take a very long time)

If someone would be so kind as to answer this for me I would greatly
appreciative.

--Dirk

"The hangin Marshal"