Re: [DL] Hanging Question, need an answer by 3pm EST (GOFF)

> Hey everyone, I have a question that I need answered before we play
> tonight.  As you may have guessed by the Subject line, it's about hanging.
> The question is... how long does it take?  I know that it is a hard (9)
> vigor check at the beginning of every round, but at what point is he dead?
> When he reaches 0 wind?  When he reaches 5 wounds to the guts by taking 5x
> his wind (that seems like it would take a very long time)

Well, since the traffic may not get a digest to Goff (that's how he reads
the list), I'll try to field this one.  Remember that the first Hard (9)
Vigor roll determines whether or not the character's neck snaps (-4 to the
roll if he's a Big 'Un), and if he goes bust his head rips clean off.

Now, as for when the death occurs, I'd say he passes out when he reaches 0
Wind, but only dies when he reaches -5x his Wind.  Of course, I could be
wrong, but that seems the most fair to the character.

Nick "Bart!  They said you was hung!" Zachariasen