[DL] Bullard Stuff

>> However, one question I would *love* an answer to was regarding what the
>> Bullard Express rifle looks like.  Do you know enough to describe it, or
>> better yet have a link to a picture?

No pic yet but here is what I found on Bullard Rifles.  Bullard made several
types of rifle, mostly lever action and chambered in pistol calibres .38,
.44-40 and .45 like the standard Winchester '73 and held 11 shots.  Bullard
also had double rifles, much like double barreled shotguns, that fired true
rifle cartridges .45-70 to something like .56-115 (numbers may be wrong on
the last cartridge).  Finally they had an rifle that held six rounds and was
a bolt action, it chambered the above cartridges and was available after
1886 I think.

I found this information on a Western Firearms webpage and searching various
internet gun auctions.  Sadly none of them contained a picture of the gun.
I'm sure some of the info is incorrect but I will let ya folks know when I
find out more.

Jay