Re: [DL] Re: Ghost Busters (spoilers)

>>I just can't see Gen. King just offing her, and it seems like a bit
>>unnecessarily attention getting for the Whatleys.
>>Do you know what rail line she was on?

Here's the flavour text that tells us as much as we currently know:

"It was a quiet day in Gomorra when the fighting started. Bobo, JP, Rex and I
had just sat down to a game of cards when news reached us that Katie's train
back to Jacksonville had been derailed. Rumor was that the Union or the
Agency were responsible. Our reply was immediate and severe..."  --from the
Journal of Dexter Simpson

I'd bet she was on a subsidiary of Dixie Rails or (at worst) Bayou Vermillion.

>>Thus, she would be a sympathetic superior (something they have not had) who
>>would say "Your doing a good Job. I've been through this too"

Sounds great...I can hear her saying this.

>>My fear is running afoul the metaplot.  Generally I avoid metaplot
>>charactors and events.

Of course. I still think there's probably enough room in the Gomorra
storyline for an off-camera adventure including her. Once she's loose, she
can get captured again, or wander into trouble as the metaplot sees fit.

Use the story...don't get used by it. :-)

--Jacques