[DL] Re: deadlands-digest.20000622-1

Marguerite said,

> *laugh*  One of my fellow players just yelled "Yes!
> Someone -else- caught that!"
>
> Did you Marshall let you start with that gun, or did
> you need to do the cap abd ball modification in game?
> We aren't allowed to start with modified shootin'
> irons unless they're a Belongin', so my set triggers
> took me two modules because I had to find a dang
> gun-smith!

    It was a HUGGGE Belongin'. 3 IIRC, but came with an Owl-Eye Sight, 10
Silver Bullets and 10 AP bullets. Also, I had to spend a fortune making
bullets for it. Of course, it doesn't actually work- a shell-firing version
would need to have far larger shell chambers as the equivalent bullet would
be considerably bulkier for the shell casing...
    Ah, good ol' John, nice bloke turned psychopath by Gettysburgh, and
part-time servant of the reckoners... Easily my favourite character of all
time. He once fought a town full of werewolves while a Cleaner squad closed
in... Up the bell-tower, blowing woofwoofs into bits, until eventually one
smashed through the belltower floor. John goes "uh-oh" and leaps off the
tower, lands, breaks his leg. "Ah, well, I can stitch that, provided I don't
get eaten...", caps another 2 werewolves, backlashes a bit on an Argent
Agony roll (with icky consequences which are best forgotten, but which
involved a, ur, belly gun) and gets dragged off by his undead evil horse,
trying to drag a now-lycanthropic Agent with him... Top quality. It was even
fun when he eventually went a bit evil, as he was amoral rather than immoral
for ages.

AndrewC